Next stop for leaders
DOCTOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (DBA)
The Doctor of Business Administration is a professional doctorate awarded on the basis of advanced study, examinations, project work, and research in business administration.
Along with the academíc Ph.D., it represents the highest professional qualification in business administration and besides business and entrepreneurship is also useful to gain employment as a full-time, tenure-track university professor or postdoctoral researcher in the field.
DBA candidates submit a project proposal for a dissertation, consisting of a body of original academic research that is in principle worthy of publication in a peer-reviewed journal. To finish the studies, the candidates must defend this work before a panel of expert examiners.
Course of Study
A candidate for the degree of DBA must have pursued at the EIASM an online or part-time course of study comprising a taught component and a dissertation thesis. Completion of the DBA program commonly takes three years of study. This period can be extended up to 5 years in total. DBA program can be finished earlier if the student manages to complete all requirements (complete the courses and write the dissertation). It includes frequent contact with the supervisor.
The Capstone project
- Completion of a Master or MBA degree (A minimum grade equivalent of 60%, subject to individual bases)
- Preferably 5 years of full-time managerial experience, showing substantial career progression
- Evidence of spoken and written English language: IELTS 6 / TOEFL 75 or evidence of having worked/studied in an English-speaking environment for 2 years
- Application processing fee of €50
- The DBA degree we offer here at EIASM has a fixed one-time fee of €7900
- Application Progress Requirements:
- Scanned copy of your passport/national ID
- Scanned copies of your academic diplomas/certificates/transcripts
- One-page reference paper
- Two-page proposal or research for your degree