Basic and Advanced courses

For Basic or Advanced courses you do not need any proof of English language proficiency. English language knowledge is of significant advantage, though.

Although the language of all courses is English, depending on number of applicants from a single country, we do usually provide a translator.

For example if a group comes from a Russian speaking country, we provide Russian language translator. The lectures as well as presentations are all in English and a translator is usually present. Please contact us to make sure the translator is present also during your course.

English-taught Master Programme

Speaking the language is essential to succeeding in your study! International students who enrol in our English-taught Master’s programmes must show proof of English proficiency through an English-language test. In a limited number of cases, exemptions can be granted.  For international students enrolling in the English-taught Master study programme, CBU accepts one of the following documents as proof of English proficiency:

Name Minimum score
Certificate of TOEFL  80 (internet-based) or 550 (paper-based)
Certificate of IELTS(Academic)  6
Certificate fromCambridge ESOL  CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) or CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)

Information on test dates, scheduling, and costs can be obtained at the respective websites of TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge ESOL.

Exemptions to the English Language Requirement

Students who have obtained a diploma in the UK, US, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia; students with an accredited international American high-school diploma or British international GCSE/ A-levels; and students with the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma or European Baccalaureate with main language English are exempted from this requirement. All others must submit a proof of English proficiency by submitting one of the above certificates.