3 SUMMER SCHOOLS IN PRAGUE
Young Leaders - International Leadership
July 1-14, 2019
Project team, Project timing, Leadership, Work on Students’ Project, Personality of the Manager, Soft Skills
Global Business & Europe
August 4- 17, 2019
Business in European socio-economic environment, Business changes by Industry 4.0, Start-ups, etc.
At the EIASM we believe that each student deserves to discover their potential and acquire the skills, confidence and motivation to make things happen and bring about change.
An exciting series of interactive workshops, energetic summer school activities and fun-filled challenges specifically designed to inspire and enable each and every student to uncover their unique abilities, develop greater confidence and master strategies for success in the classroom and beyond.
Enjoy and experience our summer schools yourself and take your friends with you!
- Full course takes 2 weeks, lectures and field-trips during weekdays
- Lectures and Workshops take place at the morning and afternoon, during late afternoon you can discover beauties of the city
- Our lecturers are professionals with skills, they adapt the style and tempo of teaching according your level of knowledge and abilities
- Social programs, city guided tours, traveling to other cities
- Full visa support
- Participants will handed course certificate
The EIASM will award two individual scholarships each will include a 50% of fee waiver of €1900
- Two scholarships are available to international students of outstanding academic merit and with a strong personal statement. There is no separate application for these scholarships. They will be awarded once all applications have been considered to the two strongest applicants.
All successful scholars will be notified after the 1st of April 2019. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4* hotel
- Separate male and female shared accommodation.
- Each bedroom is equipped with contemporary furniture.
- Internet access is available in each room
- 24 hour security
- Excellent breakfast
- Utilities are included
- Hotel location is close to CBU
Total course price €1900 includes accommodation, breakfast, two evening meals (the First day – Greetings & The end of summer school – Certificate award dinner), selected social activities listed in the programme, equipment and Prague airport transfer.
Course fee deductions
Central Bohemia University offers 10% scholarships for early registration for this course by:
- until 1st of May 2019 (all summer schools in 2019)
- You are required to have a good academic standing
- Bachelor or Master degrees’ students, PhD. students and professionals apply for this program as many of the themes covered in the program are aimed at a high level of understanding.
- At least an intermediate knowledge of English is necessary.
In case of special needs (such as translation to your language etc.) contact us: email@example.com
There will be plenty of time for socializing and fun during the evening and weekends. A schedule of activities will allow you to explore everything in Prague and the surrounding areas. Events may include:
- Meet Czech cuisine and people in typical Czech pubs, coffees and at cultural places
- Get up close and meet live exotic animals in Prague Zoo
- Enjoy visiting Prague State Opera, Famous Old town square, Municipal House, Klementinum, Museums and other historic places.
Summer Schools’ Details
This course is open to students in the field of business, marketing and finance, social studies and to those students who have some background and/or a strong interest in these disciplines and economic topics in the EU.
This course offers several complementing approaches to start diving into global world of business:
- European overview (Europe and its historic backgrounds, cultural trends, regulatory framework and economic interests)
- International focus (the European Union as a business network operating in global world)
- Practical issues (business simulations and field trips).
The first two days of this course focus on Europe as a political, cultural and economic entity in a global world. Through a series of live lectures students will deepen their understanding how different nations exist as social and economic entities and how it plays such an important role in shaping the global economy while seems to be struggling with socio-economic issues. Extensive lectures will cover Europe’s history, the EU’s background, societal issues and cultural trends as well as the impact of these factors on economic development.
In the third day lectures will focus of current investment policies, competition as well as perspective development trends. During the third day students will debate the European Union as a business network and ecosystem.
In the next two days students will be divided into mini-groups and work to design businesses and start-ups, and what business models emerge from new technologies like Industry 4.0?
The course lectures end with a very intensive hands-on approach to doing business in Europe. Students will work together in mini-teams on making a company going global. Together with tutors the team members experience marketing management, regulation response, and gain manufacturing decision-making skills.
The course will continue with field trips in companies in the Czech Republic and other EU countries.
Rather than focusing on any specific school curriculum, this course offers hands-on learning enabling all students, regardless of background, experience or ability level, to get ahead: self-expression and communication, team-building and small group facilitation skills, goal-setting and personal motivation, decision-making and personal leadership skills.
Centered round a weekly themed project, the Young Leaders syllabus comprises theory lessons, interactive lectures, business simulations and real-life case studies that provide a stimulating and varied learning experience.
The Young Leaders programme aims to:
- Improve public speaking and presentation skills in English.
- Develop negotiation, and leadership skills through a series of interactive lessons.
- Gain soft business management skills.
The interactive lectures bring completeness to the programme by experienced lecturers. The interactive lectures are carefully constructed to benefit and correspond to the students’ project for the week. As university style learning, they provide content for discussion in groups as well as constant interaction between the tutor and the audience. The benefits of this can be seen when students are able to apply the knowledge learned in the lectures within their project.
The opening of the programme is done through a project introduction session where the project is announced and students are divided into groups. Initial roles are assigned in this session and a project manager is elected.
Throughout the week, students work together to research their project before performing or presenting their projects in the final project session.
Project sessions promote learner autonomy and teamwork where students are required to manage themselves and sometimes other members of their group. Student strengths and ambitions are realised throughout the project and the project presentations are a testament to this.
Research skills, critical thinking and problem solving are all essential for leadership and these are integrated onto the young leaders programme through case studies.
Through case study research and reporting, students are better able to work independently in groups and expand the skills and aptitudes needed to become successful young leaders.
During the programme participants will extensively enrich their knowledge and expertise of Central European history, traditions of modern society and culture in regional context.
The first two days the interactive lectures will cover national diversity and secularization, the reflection of migration, Central European history and law. Students work on different projects in mini-teams to debate, examine and explore the important challenges the Central Europeans face today.
Another day of this course covers the development of the country in the heart of Europe. The features of the course are designed as a unique insight into Czech history and politics throughout several periods of time in the context of European history.
The last two days of first week are meant for students with different academic backgrounds but with strong interest in Czechoslovak, and Central European political developments during and after the democratic revolutions 1989. We hope that students from different countries will be encouraged and will feel free to actively participate in debates and also enrich these debates with their experience.
The course ends second week with several thematic field trips around Prague and the Czech Republic
The course will be delivered with first-hand experience by visiting such historical places as Pražský hrad (Prague Castle), Staroměstské náměstí (Old Town Square), Old Town Hall and the 15th century Astronomical Clock, Charles Bridge and many more.
The other events and travels may be organized and are NOT covered by Course fee:
Prague’s central-European location also offers discovering other EU cities: Dresden, Munich, Berlin, Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava and etc.
Continuous cultural events and festivities allow participants to visit live concerts, theaters, open exhibitions, cinemas or national festivals.
Tel. +420 777 471 452 (also Whatsapp)
To start processing your application, please send application fee of 50 EUR using one of the following methods.
- Please transfer 50 EUR to the account:
- SWIFT/BIC: FIOBCZPPXXX
- IBAN: CZ9020100000002200501378
- Payment instruction type: OUR (required)
- Bank name: Fio banka, a.s., Address: Millennium Plaza, V Celnici 10, 117 21 Praha 1, Czech Republic
- Do not forget to instruct your bank to use OUR payment instruction!
- If you think bank transfer fees will be expensive, please check out Transferwise (and contact us if you need assistance)
Application / Course fee payments are due before specified deadlines!
- Before/After payment of application fee we will send you invoice
- Pay Course fee only after we send you invoice to pay it (after we confirm registration).
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions if you prefer to pay using Western Union or Unistream.
Instructions for Applicants
- Choose a Summer school (contact us to discuss programme and details at email@example.com)
- Fill in Application form and send it (scan/photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay Application fee of 50 EUR
- We will send you invoice for full participation, and help with visas if necessary
- You arrive to Prague. Before leaving, you will receive the participation certificate.
Testimonials of past CBU Summer Schools
Annalisa Perone, PhD student of University of Study of Molise, Italy
Great course. I learned a lot about speaking and writing English, applicable to my scientific study but also to life. You will improve your English but also yourself. Teacher, staff and all people that I meet in CBU were best I’had, always sociable and available. Thank you for the time we spent together, for my personal growth and significant development of my English abilities.
You can contact me for more information at email@example.com
Fadi Antonios, International Red Cross, Lebanon
It really was a great and exceptional course with such an exceptional team in all ways starting from organizing and all facilities available at Central Bohemia University classrooms, library access and finally ending with a very nice ceremony. Hotel was also very good in great location in the center of Prague. I learned a lot of new things and had great time in Prague which is a wonderful city. Part of the fee was also great tour around old city of Prague – it was really magnificient experience I will never forget. I will definitely come back for another course CBU will organize myself. Thanks a lot!
You can contact me for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Muhammet Özsoy, lecturer at Balıkesir Üniversitesi, Turkey
CBU’s Summer School of Research English for Academic Purposes was to improve our research English skills. Especially after grammer we had to write a story about some subject and to speak about it. This technique is forcing you to learn present our article on symposium or conference. As academic staff we try better and better and present our articles in proper way. We had 2 talented and passionate teachers, one was for general English rules, the other one was for academic article writing and presenting. Also, this course is in Prague so you can see lots of historical places with a tour guide who is arranged by CBU. Our summer school coordinator helped us about all kind of situations about the course and the city from beginning to end. Learning and travelling was both enjoyable time in Prague. I can recommend this course to not only academic staff but also professional staff too. I hope you will have fun in Prague as we had.
You can contact me for more information at email@example.com